We want you to enjoy SWAG walks.
Whether you are an existing member or have recently joined, it is important that everyone understands their responsibilities whilst on a SWAG walk.
All members are encouraged to lead a walk and experienced SWAG walk leaders will gladly assist in this area.
We ask that you have members permission to take and upload photographs prior to posting on Facebook.
We are lucky to have you! We know that you will have reccied your walk in advance.
Please ensure your walk description includes the following information and is e-mailed to the group in plenty of time:
- Meeting arrangements to include time and venue (if you cannot be there to meet and greet, please appoint someone to do so)
- Grade of walk /length / description of terrain / notable features
- Arrangements for coffee/lunch/ toilet facilities/ post walk beverages
- Is the walk dog friendly? Please advise
- Your mobile phone number
- Any problems ? Consult our Walks Co-Ordinator Eva asap
- Depending on the weather you may need to alter your walk-please be ready to do this for the safety of all.
- It may be necessary to appoint a back marker depending on the size of the group
- Be mindful that walkers of all abilities join our walks!
- Please be on time for meeting and to assist in car sharing where necessary. It is up to the driver to advise on the wearing of masks and payment for petrol.
- Please wear appropriate clothes for walking to include stout boots /trainers and waterproof outerwear. Walking poles and gaiters can be helpful for more challenging walks or in wet weather.
- Adequate food /drink/snacks are essential.
- Sun cream/First Aid kits/plasters are always useful as part of your basic equipment. If you are on medication please bring it.
- Please read walk descriptions carefully and ensure you are fit enough to tackle walks which may involve challenging terrain and length.
- Please stay with the group whilst on the walk and if you do need to ‘step away’ for whatever reason make sure someone knows.
- The walk leader must be consulted before bringing any dogs on a SWAG walk to ensure it is safe to do so.