SALE WALKING & ACTIVITY GROUP (SWAG)
'But the beauty is in the walking; we are betrayed by destinations.' Gwynn Thomas
AUTUMN / WINTER PROGRAMME 2018
SEPT 2018 – JAN 2019
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Website last updated 07/01/2018
WELCOME TO SWAG
We are a mixed social walking group of all ages and abilities based in South Manchester and North Cheshire. Our Winter / Spring programme includes weekends away youth hostelling, Sunday walks, and a variety of social events such as meals out, theatre trips and pub nights. New members are always offered a warm welcome.
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT THE GROUP
Programme of Events
The Group relies on its regular members to organise weekends, walks and social events. Please help the committee by giving details of any event you would like to volunteer to organise to either Helen (Weekends Away & Sunday walks), Eric (Wednesday Walks) or Michelle (Social Events) at any reasonable time for inclusion in the next programme. See our website for details of local map reading courses. The closing date for including items in the next programme is 29th Dec 2018. Copies of this programme are available from Sue P. (the Programme Secretary) or other committee members.
Attendance at Events
· Attendance at all events is at the individual’s own risk. The group will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss occurring as a result of any group event or in connection with travel to such an event, however caused.
· The normal meeting point for walks is Brooklands Metrolink station car park. This is at the foot of Brooklands Station Approach which is accessed from Brooklands Road close to the junction with Marsland Road.
· Information on the grading of the various walks is contained in the “Sunday Walks” section.
· When transport is shared for weekends away, walks and other events, please remember to offer the driver a contribution towards petrol expenses.
· The membership fee for 2018 is £7.50 (Jan-Dec).
· Group members do not have to be YHA members. Membership is not necessary to participate in hostelling weekends but is encouraged. The YHA currently offers discounted membership costing £10 per annum to affiliated group members. Please contact YHA customer service for further details.
· Occasionally programme changes are required after printing. Please check the website for latest details or confirm with the event organiser.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Sale Walking & Activity Group and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Sale Walking & Activity Group. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Sale Walking & Activity Group takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.